You need a trusted auditor for your Occupational Health and Safety Management System (OHSMS) certification. Whether you require ISO 18001:2007, CSA Z1000 or ANSI/AIHA Z10, choose Smithers Quality Assessments (SQA) for personal, expert auditor services, tailored to your business needs.
As employers strive for safer workplaces, SQA will work with them to ensure that they focus their time and effort on effective processes and procedures per the standard. This focused effort will allow our clients to build and maintain occupational health and safety systems that will help manage risk, increase awareness and employee involvement, and positively impact their company’s reputation as a leader in their respective industry.
“Health and Safety Management systems are at the forefront of concern for many of our customers,” said Jeanette Preston, president of SQA. “As a responsible business partner we must help our customers eliminate risks to all stakeholders in their respective organization and promote a safe, healthy and productive workplace.”
ISO 18001:2007, ANSI/AIHA Z10 and CSA Z1000 can be integrated with both ISO 9001 quality management systems and 14001 environmental management systems. This will reduce the audit time, so wherever applicable, common sections of each standard will be audited only once, leaving you more time to focus on continual improvement of your systems.
SQA offers OHSMS certification to manufacturers and service providers worldwide. In addition to promoting safety and helping manage risk, adherence to these processes and procedures of the occupational health and management system will result in:
- employees and stakeholders protected from unnecessary risk
- reduced lost time due to accidents and near misses
- improved employee involvement with training and responsibility
- enhanced reputation, marketing capabilities and improve corporate image
- reduced costs and limit liabilities
- possible reduction of regulatory oversight
An audit performed by SQA resulting in ISO 18001:2007, CSA Z1000, or ANSI/AIHA Z10 certification provides your business:
- a series of common standards that are implemented globally throughout the supply stream
- public recognition for your commitment to a process which produces in a safe environment for their employees
- increased opportunities for new business from customers that require ISO 18001, Z1000, or Z10 certification
- external, independent validation that your occupational health and management system conforms to the requirements of ISO 18001, Z1000, or Z10
- independent feedback and discussions to foster continual improvement to help your bottom line
Why choose SQA as your Occupational Health and Safety auditor?
SQA is accredited as an ISO Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) certification body. We have a “No Surprises” philosophy that reduces the uncertainty of the certification of your management system. By becoming an integral part of your team, we get to know your business and help you thoroughly prepare. This reduces stress and helps to facilitate the certification process and maintain your certification status.
We maintain open communication with you throughout the entire process. We welcome your feedback and discussion in an objective manner.
Our proprietary certification process is designed to provide objective, value-added feedback on your performance. Our auditors also are required to pass an industry competency test, which ensures you have the most knowledgeable auditors working to help you with the ISO 18001 Z1000, or Z10 certification process.
At the end of the assessment, we conduct a closing meeting where findings, recommendations and improvement plans (if necessary) are discussed.
Call SQA today to discuss your ISO 18001, Z1000, or Z10 auditor needs.
If you are already certified for ISO 18001 through another registrar, you can transfer your certification to SQA. To get started, contact us today at 1.866.688.0134.