For over 50 years, Smithers has conducted residue analysis studies to meet internationally-recognized testing guidelines. We test a wide variety of crop protection products in plants
, and our responsive team manages studies from initiation to submission to ensure on-time delivery. Our analytical chemists have expertise in method development and method validation, and can design customized multi-residue testing programs for both active ingredients and metabolites.
With the acquisition of ResChem
, Smithers has expanded its global pesticide residue offering and field cooperators network to conduct field trials in support of crop residue operator exposure studies.
Animal Residue Studies
- Analytical method development and validation
- Independent laboratory validations (ILV)
- Maximum residue limits (MRL) / Import tolerance
- Storage stability testing of residue samples
- Human food compliance and residue analysis
- Operator (OPEX), Worker Bystander Exposure studies
- Terrestrial Field Dissipation studies (TFD)
Animal Residue Studies (also known as Livestock Feeding or Animal Transfer Studies) are an important component of pesticide registration. North America, Europe, Australia, and Japan require testing according to guidelines OECD 505 / OCSPP 860.1480.
Field Residue Studies
Smithers provides GLP-compliant residue chemistry studies for global registration and environmental monitoring needs. Our expert team has experience in analyzing all major plant matrices.